The Public Relations and Communications Association in Asia-Pacific has released golden rules for sustainability.
The guidelines call for bravery from companies to be transparent and admit shortcomings when it comes to green claims.
The five golden rules are:
* Make accurate, science-backed and substantiated statements
* Be specific about terminology used
* Consider the context of a claim
* Demonstrate incremental impact
* Communicate with transparency
In forming the guidelines, the PRCA APAC Sustainability Working Group consulted Comms Declare founder, Belinda Noble, Client Earth, the Advertising Standards Authority of Singapore, agencies and journalists.